Photo from paly.softball.varsity on instagram.
Paly softball defeats Santa Clara 9-8
Amanda Goody, Staff Writer • March 27, 2024
Hannah Oh (27) takes a breath
Paly Girls Swim and Dive beat Los Altos High School on Senior Night
Ethan Wang, Staff Writer • March 27, 2024
Beyond the Mirror
Beyond the Mirror
Eliza Gaither, Katie Yen, and Sarah ThiemanMarch 27, 2024

Brief: Boys’ tennis finishes league play and advances to CCS

Brief: Boys tennis finishes league play and advances to CCS

The Palo Alto High School boys’ tennis team will advance to the Central Coast Section tournament this Wednesday. The Vikings will face Harker in the preliminary round of CCS at home.

The team has completed their regular season (4-7) in league, pulling away with two wins against cross town rival Gunn High School.

Doubles player Charlie Dulik (’13) feels defeating the Titans has helped strengthen the team as they continue on to CCS.

“That was just really fulfilling to be able to beat our rivals in a big match that really helped us go to CCS,” Dulik said.
According to Dulik, Captain Dar Shavit (’12) has played a significant  role in pushing the team forward through out the season.
“He’s taken on a leadership role just from match to match telling us what we need to do,” Dulik said.
Shavit reflects on the challenging competition the Vikings have faced this season.
“We have one of the toughest divisions in CCS so we play really tough teams with nationally ranked players,” Shavit said.
The Vikings are potentially up against some of the best players in the state, but are determined to make every point count.
“I think a team goal going in to CCS is just to fight hard for every set,” Dulik said.
The team will continue on to play Bellarmine this Friday in the second round of CCS if they beat Harker at home at 2:30 p.m. tomorrow.