The Viking Magazine : Gracie Marshall

Female Team of 2011: Girls’ Volleyball

Female Team of 2011: Girls’ Volleyball

Gracie Marshall, Managing Editor
June 9, 2011
Filed under Fall Sports, Featured Athlete, Features, Profiles, Volleyball

It's been five months since the Palo Alto High School Volleyball team made history. The moment that Maddie Kuppe's ('12) game winning ace captured the CIF State Championship title over favorite Long Beach Poly has been replayed in the minds of players and spectators alike. The team has soaked it in,... Read More »

Paly boys’ lacrosse trumps the Titans 13-3 after a slow first half

Gracie Marshall, Managing Editor
April 19, 2011
Filed under Lacrosse - Boys

The Palo Alto High School boys' lacrosse team  (9-3, 4-2) defeated cross-town rival Gunn High School (5-6, 4-4) 13-3 at Gunn on Monday evening. Leading by just one at the half, the Vikings scored eight goals in the second half, resulting in a 13-3 victory. "A typical game against Gunn, we come out... Read More »

Boys’ lacrosse heads in to break with two solid wins against Los Gatos and Archbishop Mitty

Gracie Marshall, Managing Editor
April 11, 2011
Filed under Lacrosse - Boys

Palo Alto High School boys' lacrosse took care of business last week, taking down Archbishop Mitty (1-8) 13-6 on Monday and defeating Los Gatos (2-7) away 9-4 on Wednesday. Paly came out strong against the Monarchs, scoring six goals in the first quarter. Lukas Peterson ('12) and Logan Mendenhall... Read More »

Palo Alto High School volleyball clinches spot in NorCal finals after 3-1 victory over St. Francis

Gracie Marshall
March 11, 2011
Filed under Volleyball

... Read More »

Girls’ basketball triumphs over Los Gatos, 58-37, on Senior Night

Gracie Marshall
March 2, 2011
Filed under Basketball - Girls

The Palo Alto girls’ basketball team extended its flawless league record to 11-0 Wednesday night after a 58-37 victory over Los Gatos (7-4). The win was bittersweet for the Lady Vikes; it brought them one step closer to obtaining the No. 1 in Central Coast Section but it was also the last... Read More »

Palo Alto girls’ basketball triumphs over Los Gatos, 58-37, on senior night

Gracie Marshall
February 27, 2011
Filed under Winter Sports

The Palo Alto girls’ basketball team extended its flawless league record to 11-0 Wednesday night after a 58-37 victory over Los Gatos (7-4). The win was bittersweet for the Lady Vikes; it brought them one step closer to obtaining the No. 1 in Central Coast Section but it was also the last night the... Read More »

Palo Alto High School volleyball advances to CCS semifinals with three game win

Gracie Marshall
November 13, 2010
Filed under Volleyball

The wake up call rang loud and clear for the Palo Alto High School volleyball team, which overcame a nervous first game to sweep Monta Vista in the first round of the Central Coast Section (CCS) playoffs on Saturday at Valley Christian High School. Paly (35-1) twice found itself facing game point... Read More »

Paly girls’ basketball triumphs over Los Gatos, 58-37, on Senior Night

Gracie Marshall
October 21, 2010
Filed under Basketball - Girls, Volleyball, Winter Sports

Team Chemistry at Palo Alto High School

Gracie Marshall
October 10, 2010
Filed under Features

When dissecting the components of a chocolate chip cookie, one thing is very clear: without the chocolate chips, the otherwise delectable treat tastes bland. What people may look past in their analyses is the perfect combination of the oozing chocolate pieces and the soft, sweet dough; the eggs, of course,... Read More »

Committed

Gracie Marshall
October 10, 2010
Filed under College Sports, Features

For most 2010 high school graduates, first semester of senior year has not been treating them too kindly. With SAT's, college applications and regular classes on their plates, Paly seniors cannot wait for second semester to roll around. But for a select few, second semester senioritis kicked-in before... Read More »

Column: Palo Alto volleyball’s losing percentage increases to six percent as Lady Vikes beat Mountain View

Gracie Marshall
September 28, 2010
Filed under Columns

I don’t know what is bigger... Read More »

Palo Alto High School Male Athlete of the Year: Joc Pederson

Gracie Marshall, Multimedia Editor
June 1, 2010
Filed under Baseball, Featured Athlete, Profiles

It is hard to find a good thing to say about a 35-13 loss. Taking a beating in their second game on September 19, 2009 after their 48-21 win over Burlingame a week earlier, the players on the Palo Alto High School varsity football team walked off the field with their heads down after their loss against... Read More »