The Viking Magazine : Nora Rosati (Editor-in-Chief)

Cut short

Cut short

Audrey DeBruine and Nora Rosati
March 21, 2013
Filed under Basketball - Boys, Features, Lacrosse - Girls, Soccer - Girls

“Helpless” and “frustrated.” That is how varsity soccer and lacrosse player Nina Kelty (‘13) was left feeling after her two most recent high school sports seasons. Both were lost to violations of California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) rules when Paly... Read More »

Boys’ cross-country places eleventh at Monterey Bay Invitational

Nora Rosati, Editor-in-Chief
October 20, 2012
Filed under Cross-Country - Boys, Top Stories

The Palo Alto High School boys’ cross-country team placed eleventh out of 14 teams at the North Salinas High School Monterey Bay Invitational this Friday. Placing first for the Vikings was William Kershner (‘13), who completed the 3.0 mile course in a time of 17:44.00 minutes.  Captain Ben May... Read More »

Girls’ lacrosse beats Los Gatos, 17-12

Girls’ lacrosse beats Los Gatos, 17-12

Nora Rosati, Editor-in-Chief
April 27, 2012
Filed under Lacrosse - Girls, Top Stories

On a crisp Friday evening under the home lights, Paly girls’ lacrosse defeated Los Gatos High School 17-12. Paly’s own cheerleaders made an appearance to encourage the Lady Vikes, and performed a routine during the half-time break. The girls’ dependency on this game to move on in the season... Read More »

Girls’ and boys’ track and field beats Saratoga, 89-31 and 110-16

Nora Rosati, Editor-in-Chief
April 26, 2012
Filed under Track & Field, Uncategorized

Girls’ and boys’ track and field crushed Saratoga high school this Thursday at the home track, 89-31 and 110-16, respectively. This was the last dual meet of the season. The girls’ took a lead from the very beginning when Saratoga forfeited the 4x100 meter relay.  For the first event they competed... Read More »

Boys’ track and field beats Lynbrook 100-27

Nora Rosati, staff writer
April 14, 2012
Filed under Spring Sports, Track & Field, Uncategorized

Boys’ track and field beat Lynbrook high school 100-27 this Thursday on the home field. The meet started out with five free points for the 4x100 meter relay, which Lynbrook had no team for. The Vikings proceeded to earn their keep with the 1600 meter race, where Nikolai Solgaard (‘12) and Ben... Read More »

Boys’ track and field beats Milpitas

Boys’ track and field beats Milpitas

Nora Rosati, staff writer
March 29, 2012
Filed under Sports Center, Spring Sports, Top Stories, Track & Field

Paly boys’ track and field beat Milpitas high school today at the Milpitas track. The Vikings started out with a point-booster, being the only the 4x100 meter relay to compete. The team of Matt Tolbert (‘13), Morris Gates-Mouton (‘12), Jayshawn Gates-Mouton (‘13), and Tremaine Kirkman (‘12)... Read More »

Paly boys’ track and field beats Los Altos, 70-52

Nora Rosati, Staff writer
March 22, 2012
Filed under Spring Sports, Top Stories, Track & Field

Paly boys’ track and field beat Los Altos high school 70-52 this Thursday at the Los Altos field on a windy afternoon. The Vikings had a discouraging start with a disqualification for a lane technicality in the 4x100 meter relay. This resulted in a five point deficit for Paly. “We... Read More »

Boys’ track and field beats Mountain View

Nora Rosati, Staff Writer
March 15, 2012
Filed under Track & Field

Paly boys’ varsity beat Mountain View High School today at the home track for the first dual meet of the season. The last encounter with the Spartans proved disappointing; the Vikings lost the 2011 dual meet. “This is our toughest meet of the year,” Lucas Brooks (‘12) said. The Vikings... Read More »

Paly wrestling triumphs over Saratoga 75-6

Nora Rosati, Staff writer
January 13, 2012
Filed under Wrestling

The Palo Alto wrestling team pounded the Saratoga high school team this Thursday night at home. The Vikings had a strong start, with Jordan Smith (‘13) earning a 12 point lead by the second period. Wrestling in the 113 pound weight class, Smith pinned opponent Alex Hansen within the... Read More »

Freshman in front

Freshman in front

Nora Rosati, staff writer
December 16, 2011
Filed under Top Stories

She wears her brother’s hole-infested old running shoes and heavy knee-high soccer socks to each practice. She joined the cross-country team for a prep period. And she shows up almost every day... Read More »

Beneath the surface

Beneath the surface

Kevin Dukovic , Jacob Lauing, and Nora Rosati
November 18, 2011
Filed under Features, Top Stories

“HE’S-A-WHITE-GUY! HE’S-A-WHITE-GUY!” a large block of seniors vehemently chanted after Holger Thorup (‘12) dunked during the gym rally on the fourth day of Spirit Week. The chant was directed at the junior class and its two African-American dunkers, E.J.... Read More »

A victory in a failure

A victory in a failure

Nora Rosati, Staff Writer
November 13, 2011
Filed under Columns, Cross-Country - Girls, Fall Sports

“Beat Gunn.” “2nd place.” “States, states, states.” These were the words we chanted day in and day out. They were the core to our never ending motivation, the essence of our growing endurance. These words were the driving force that summarized our goal: to qualify for the state meet of... Read More »