Paly girls lacrosse loses 10-3 to Mountain View
Avery RellerApril 25, 2024
Girls lacrosse fall to Los Gatos 13-5 tonight
Eliza Gaither, Creative Director • April 24, 2024
Photo courtesy of Celeste Bates
Paly Baseball Defeats Gunn 11-3
Tyler Martin, Online Editor-in-Chief • April 20, 2024

Lin needs surgery, will likely miss remainder of season

Lin+needs+surgery%2C+will+likely+miss+remainder+of+season+

Linsanity was put on hold Saturday when the news broke that Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin is to have surgery next week to repair a slightly torn meniscus in his left knee.

Lin could reportedly miss up to six weeks, making a return to the court this season highly unlikely seeing as how the NBA regular season ends on April 26.  Nevertheless, the Palo Alto High School (Paly) alum has faith that he can heal quickly and be back in time for a potential Knicks playoff run.

“It’s a six-week rehab process but I tend to heal fast,” Lin said to an ESPN reporter in a press conference before the Knicks beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 91-75 Saturday night. “So hopefully, I can come back as soon as possible and still contribute this season.”

This is not the first time Lin has endured a season-ending injury in his basketball career; while a junior at Paly, Lin broke his ankle on the eve of the Vikings’ Central Coast Section (CCS) final matchup with Archbishop Mitty.

Lin rebounded nicely, however, going on to lead Paly to a 51-47 victory over heavily favored Mater Dei in the CIF Division II state title the following year.

Editor’s note: The above story was last updated April 2 at 11:40 a.m..