Staff Makes a Splash
Staff Makes a Splash
Alena Lotterer and Luke JoachimMarch 28, 2024
The Healing Game
The Healing Game
Beau Revenaugh and Carter BurnettMarch 28, 2024
Gridiron Gaming
Gridiron Gaming
Lucas Tung and Tyler CheungMarch 28, 2024

ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer talks Chryst, Super Bowl with The Viking

Trent Dilfer gazes at his Super Bowl XXXV trophy as a Baltimore Raven in 2001. Dilfer talked with a couple of Viking staff members Friday night during the Paly boys teams victory over Mountain View.
Creative Commons
Trent Dilfer gazes at his Super Bowl XXXV trophy as a Baltimore Raven in 2001. Dilfer talked with a couple of Viking staff members Friday night during the Paly boys’ team’s victory over Mountain View.

During the Paly boys’ basketball team’s 41-30 victory over the Mountain View Spartans on “Quad Night,” Super Bowl winning quarterback and ESPN analyst  Trent Dilfer made an appearance.

The Viking’s Paul Bienaimé and Zach Rizk managed to catch up with Dilfer for a short interview. Dilfer was attending the game in support of Paly center and football star Keller Chryst (’14).

“I’ve known the Chrysts for a while and am here to look at Keller, not just for my Elite 11 Camp [national high school football camp] coming up in the spring and summer,” Dilfer said.  “Just getting one look at Keller from an athletic standpoint.”

Trent Dilfer hails from California. He was born in Santa Cruz and attended college at Fresno State. He also played for the San Francisco 49ers at one point in his professional career.

However, Dilfer is best known for going sixth overall in the 1994 NFL draft, being nominated to the 1997 Pro Bowl and winning Super Bowl XXXV with the Baltimore Ravens in 2001. He played his last season of professional football with the San Francisco 49ers in 2007, officially retiring in July of 2008.

Dilfer currently works as an NFL analyst on ESPN.

Coincidentally, Dilfer threw the ball for both the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49ers who will be facing off in Super Bowl XLVII Feb. 3. Dilfer offered his thoughts on the big game.

“It’s a great matchup,” Dilfer said. “It’s obviously with our hometown Niners [with] a great coaching staff and players against another really great coaching staff and a good group of players. [It’ll be] a very physical game, a very heady game.”

Both teams have been playing smash-mouth, disciplined football all season long, each sporting hard nosed defenses and physical running games.

“I think both teams will be very well prepared and not make a lot of mistakes,” Dilfer said. “Two teams I’ve played for, so I’m excited to see the matchup.”

Finally Dilfer provided his prediction for Super Sunday.

“If I had to make a prediction now I would say the Niners,” Dilfer said. “[The Niners] are a better team right now and are playing better football.”

With Super Bowl Sunday right around the corner, what is YOUR prediction for this year’s game? Be sure to cast your vote on our website!