The Viking Magazine : Boys’ swimming defeats Homestead, 134-48

Boys’ swimming defeats Homestead, 134-48

Paige Borsos

Corso Rosati ('12) dives into pool to kick off a race. Rosati placed first in the 500 freestyle with a time of 5:31.40.

Skylar Dorosin and Nathan Norimoto, Staff Writers
April 3, 2011

Amidst the spring heat wave, the Paly boys’ swimming and diving team defeated Homestead with a cool 134-48 win.

The Vikings now boast a perfect 5-0 record to start off the season, and Friday was an excellent showcase of a promising team.

Talented freshman Willie Lee (’14) took home two victories in the 200 IM and the 100 back with times of 2:03.79 and 55.60, respectively.

The 200 freestyle relay team made up of Rollin Lau (’12), Andrew Liang (’14), Byron Sanborn (’12) and Arseny Kotov (’11) defeated the competition with a time of 1:30.18.

Cole Plambeck (’13) won the diving for the Vikings with a 6 dive score of 217.65.

Coach Danny Dye has high expectations for his team after last year’s failure to place in the CCS Tournament.

“I would say the only difference [from last year’s team] is that we have a little more depth and strong leadership,”  Dye said. “I am really happy with our team.”

The Vikings’ next meet will be a league match at Monta Vista on Friday, April 8th at 3:00 p.m.

Check out how the Lady Vikes‘ did.

Comments

One Response to “Boys’ swimming defeats Homestead, 134-48”

1. Facts on April 3rd, 2011 5:53 pm

There is no CCS tournament for swimming. Also, why not mention the other individual victories, there were several more.

[Reply]

*